Mission War is a capture-the-flag type game that pits up to 200 players against each other in a single arena. Generally the nation that uses the best teamwork wins. Players are usually effective only in groups of 3 or more.
After the fall of the Sage Tower, Capella and Procyon decided to pursue their principles and established two different nations, each named after themselves. The nations come into conflict with each other because of their opposing principles.
Quick instructions if you are a newbie to Mission War:
- You need to kill Legacy Guardians. Press M to show the map and go to the closest Green or Red base.
- If you die, click "Resurrect at Point", and then click on a big Blue Arrow on the map.
- You want to get 30 points before the time runs out:
- Attacking Legacy Guardians is the best way to get points.
- Attacking enemy players also gets you points.
- You get points for taking damage.
- Try to stay with a group; the bigger the group the better.
- Regular pots heal a little. Press N and buy Vital Gear(HP), which is much more useful.
- Chat on Loud (/L), in party (/p), or the underused chat channel (/c, this is only party leaders). Try to do what experienced players tell you.
- At the end of the game, if you have 30 points, you win WExp, Alz, and a Mission War Buff Capsule.
To choose a nation, you must:
Nation War is divided into tiers according to character level:
|Tier||Level||Alz Entrance Fee|
|1||52 ~ 79||50,000|
|2||80 ~ 109||250,000|
|3||110 ~ 139||500,000|
|4||140 ~ 169||750,000|
|5||170 ~ 190||1,000,000|
Procyon and Capella both have their own color armor and a different look of outfit depending on their class.
- Procyon start in the lower left base of the Mission War map. Each member wears a dark blue Procyon Epaulet which is different for each Battle Style.
- Capella start in the upper right base of the Mission War map. Each member wears a light purple Capellan Epaulet which is different for each Battle Style.
Waiting Lobby (AUTRA)
- All players enter the waiting lobby before entering the arena, Tierra Gloriosa.
- Players wait in the lobby with the countdown timer initially at 10 minutes.
- There are 3 NPCs located within the Lobby which provide the following services:
|Ellin||Kate||Grocer||Purchase Vital Packs, SP Packs etc.|
|Captain Duke||Madam Delia||Warehouse Keeper||Access personal inventory.|
|Kyle||Olivia||Contribution Officer||Exchange WExp for Rune Cubes|
Waiting List & Handicap
- If there are less than 10 members on each Nation the game will be even.
- If there are more than 10 members there may be a handicap to one nation which is determined based upon the outcome of previous wars during the day.
- If there are more Procyons than Capellas even considering any handicap, the extra Procyons will be put on the waiting list.
- The waiting list is first come, first serve.
- If you are on the waiting list it will give you your number in line. "Waiting list 3" means you are third in line to enter.
- People on the waiting list are allowed to enter when either an ally already in the game logs out, or another enemy enters the game.
- The above applies for the duration of the game.
- The team that scores the most nation points in 50 minutes wins.
- Team points are scored primarily by capturing bases, by defeating the bases' Legacy Guardians.
- The game can end before 50 minutes is up if one nation captures all the bases. This is a called game.
- There are 17 bases in Tierra Gloriosa:
- A home base for each nation, 2 total
- 3 small bases on each side, near the home base, 6 total
- 3 medium bases on each side, past the small bases, 6 total
- 3 large bases located in halfway between the home bases, 3 total
- Defeat a base's Legacy Guardian to allow base capture
- Capture the base by clicking on the Legacy Barrier.
- A Legacy Weapon and a treasure chest will drop
- The player that captures the base gets dibs on the weapon.
- Anyone can attack the chest and get dibs on M.War potions.
- After your nation owns the base, Force Towers can be built.
Another part of Mission War is Force Towers, which are structures that players build to make bases easier to defend. There are two kinds of towers, portable and stationed.
Portable towers are purchased from the shop (N) and can be built anywhere. The size listed by the tower type is the size of its area-of-effect (AoE). A Large tower has a much bigger AoE than a Small tower.
|Type||Alz cost||Point cost||Description|
|Attack - Large||1,000,000||200||Attacks nearby enemies automatically|
|Attack - Medium||700,000||150|
|Attack - Small||500,000||100|
|Attack UP - Large||1,000,000||200||Boosts nearby allies' attack damage|
|Attack Up - Medium||700,000||150|
|Attack Up - Small||500,000||100|
|Defense Up - Large||1,000,000||200||Boosts nearby allies' defense|
|Defense Up - Medium||700,000||150|
|Defense Up - Small||500,000||100|
|HP Heal - Large||1,000,000||200||Heals nearby allies automatically|
|HP Heal - Medium||700,000||150|
|HP Heal - Small||500,000||100|
|Attack DOWN - Large||1,000,000||200||Lowers nearby enemies' attack damage|
|Attack DOWN - Medium||700,000||150|
|Attack DOWN - Small||500,000||100|
|Defense DOWN - Large||1,000,000||200||Lowers nearby enemies' defense|
|Defense DOWN - Medium||700,000||150|
|Defense DOWN - Small||500,000||100|
|HP DOWN - Large||1,000,000||200||Lowers nearby enemies' HP automatically|
|HP DOWN - Medium||700,000||150|
|HP DOWN - Small||500,000||100|
- Each base has FT Control Panels, or locations for building towers.
- Small bases have 1 control panel
- Medium bases have 3 control panels
- Large bases have 8 control panels
- The control panel becomes usable after your nation captures the base.
- Stationed towers can be purchased with either Alz or Nation Points.
- All can use points when making towers.
- Effect-type towers have a Large AoE.
- Building Resurrection or Warp Tower with alz gives you 9 Score.
|Type||Alz cost||Point cost||Description|
|Warp||1,000,000||500||Allows warp to/from other warp towers|
|Resurrection||1,000,000||500||Allows you/allies to spawn here after dying|
|Attack||1,000,000||200||Attacks nearby enemies automatically|
|Attack UP||1,000,000||200||Boosts nearby allies' attack damage|
|Defense UP||1,000,000||200||Boosts nearby allies' defense|
|HP Heal||1,000,000||200||Heals nearby allies automatically|
|Attack DOWN||1,000,000||200||Lowers nearby enemies' attack damage|
|Defense DOWN||1,000,000||200||Lowers nearby enemies' defense|
|HP DOWN||1,000,000||200||Lowers nearby enemies' HP automaticaly|
You can obtain and wear a Legacy Weapon when you become level 52. The Legacy Weapon is only available during Mission War it is dropped by killing a Legacy Guardian. Legacy weapon gives you these stats:
- Attack : +250 (Magic and Attack are reverse for Sword based classes)
- Magic : +370
- Attack Rate : +2200
- Critical Dmg. inc : +70%
- Critical Rate inc : +15%
- HP Steal 3% of the total damage
- MP Steal 3% of the total damage
- Magic Skill Amp : +5%
- Sword Skill Amp : +5%
- Defense : +120 (FS have 150)
Points are scored in plenty of ways:
- Attacking enemies
- Receiving damage
- Healing allies
- Building Force Towers with Alz
- Blocking or Evading enemy attacks
- Debuffing targets
- Buffing allies
The formula to calculate points is: [Offensive score+ Heal Amount + Defensive score +(Force Tower Build time(sec) x 600]/10,000
So every 10k damage you do or take earns 1 score. An enemy nation kill or your own death will automatically reward you an additional 10k damage dealt (1 point).
Press the V key and click the Details tab to see your current points.
Once a week, the result of the Mission War (Lv170 ~ Lv190) will determine which nation receives the Nation Bonus. This war is known as Bonus War
- CABAL (NA-Global): held on every Saturday, 9PM (CABAL TIME)
All members of the nation that win Bonus War receive the following bonus for the next seven days.
- All Map Drop Rate 10%
- All Map Skill Exp 10%
- All Map Exp 10%
- [Premium Only Warp Point]
- Frozen Tower of Undead Entrance
- Forgotten Temple Entrance
- Illusion Castle Entrance
- Altar of Sienna Entrance
- Maquinas Outpost Entrance
Alz & Buff Capsule Cube
- Members of the winning nation will receive an Alz reward in proportion to their battle expense and a Mission War Buff Capsule Cube
- High ranking players will receive an Alz reward regardless of their nation.
- Players who scored 180 points or higher additionally receives a certain % of alz used for buying vital gears(HP, SP).